- I have fun reading what youngsters who haven’t had a real job, paid real taxes, had a mortgage or car payment or medical bills or tuition payments think needs to happen to make our country better financially.
- I have fun reading posts on Facebook from people quoting Fox News like it isn’t biased.
- I have fun reading posts on Facebook from people quoting CNN News like it isn’t biased.
- I have fun reading posts of people who say you have to vote because your vote counts. Tell that to the folks who voted for Al Gore. I ain’t no genius but the Electoral College seems to have more to do with who wins than I do.
- I have fun reading posts by people who read “Republican” and see “Religious Right” when several Republicans have got caught not acting too religious.
- I have fun reading posts by people who think the next President will have a major impact on prayer, abortion and a host of other issues and miss out on the fact that Jesus told his disciples to deal with all that stuff. Render unto Ceasar what is Ceasars doesn’t mean to expect the government to do Jesus-work.
- I have fun reading posts by people who think the Democrats will make life better for the poor. How’s that worked out during the past few Democratic administrations?
- I have fun reading about different drinking games to play during debates and the election process. They might be the most logical posts of all.
- I have fun reading about all the liberals and conservatives who say they are moving if one or the other gets elected. No one really cares whether they move or not and I doubt any of them ever did anything they said.
- I have fun dreaming about a day when elections won’t matter. Those are going to be the good ‘ol days.
In all honesty, most of those things aren’t really fun…or funny. They are agonizing. I thought about quitting social media but, like many things, have learned to skip over the parts I don’t like and move on to warm and fuzzy pictures of someone’s cat. I’m 51 years old and I can’t tell how the outcome of any election has impacted my life tremendously. I personally think Republicans are too worried about paying taxes and not concerned with the welfare of others. I personally think Democrats are arrogant and think they know how to use my earnings better than I do. I’m looking for that person who is in the middle, who wants me to pay less taxes so I can be more giving. I’m looking for the person who will call out special interests and embarrass them into the holes they belong in. I’m looking for the person who will call out the religious community to do what Jesus called them to and to leave the government alone. I’m looking for someone who probably doesn’t exist and probably won’t appeal to at least 50% of the rest of the voting population, probably more.
Political elections seem to bring out the worst in us these days. I’m sure our founding fathers would be ashamed of everyone involved, mostly the electorate that tolerates these buffoons reaching the top.
Grace and peace.